Social Media Policy and Guidelines
Protecting your business, your staff and your brand
A positive approach to social media policy and guidelines can protect you from potential and actual harm. Smart businesses are putting sensible boundaries in place that let employees know what’s expected of them whilst putting reasonable access to social media in place.
There is no one-size-fits all policy for social media; it needs to be led by the type of business you run and the way you plan to use social media marketing channels. Essentially, our policies help you to set out:
- Who’s responsible for managing social media channels
- Who is accountable for passwords and access
- The way your social media conversations represent your brand
- What happens when things go wrong
- How to protect your company and your staff
- What is expected of employees in their personal social media use
- How you will deal with inappropriate use of social media
- Managing your risks on an on-going basis
We’ll do the hard work for you, carrying out a risk analysis, finding out what you want to achieve from your social media marketing and helping you start from the best possible position.
Once a policy is agreed, we’ll use it to produce a set of simple guidelines that you can hand out to all your staff members and display on noticeboards or your intranet. This will help you to keep things consistent and make sure that everyone is informed.
Whatever stage you’re at with social media use, if you don’t have a policy, you need one. Contact us today to ask any questions or see how we can help.
Call us on 01372 741330, email us .or arrange a Skype call to meet us in person, benefit from our infectious enthusiasm for what we do, and make a real difference to your business.